Wednesday, December 24, 2008

wet suede and frizz

so today I went down to beirut to get some things done for my siblings.
so this morning when I was getting ready to leave, I decided to wear my black suede boots
Big mistake
as I'm walking back to the car after finishing what I had to do, it started pouring
not a small drizzle
full on fat raindrops the size of cows
I'm instantly drenched in a matter of minutes
So are my black suede boots
And my hair which I had so carefully styled in the morning becomes a wet mess that will surely frizz up as it dries in the car...
Oh what a wonderful day
Haha and there's tons of traffic in beirut
So I ended up being stuck in a car for an hour in traffic while soaking wet

And while I was stuck soaking wet in a car for an hour, I got to thinking about family
And how people view family
When I was living in boston, I remember that there was always an underlying sense of family. Sure we might not eat together at the same time and we don't see each other much, but we've got each others backs. In fact, close friends often became family in each others eyes
When I came here, it felt like it was everyone for his or herself
Sorta ironic because people used to tell me that the sense of family is greater here than in the western world.
And as I started to make a breakthrough discovery in my mind, I started coughing and lost my train of thought

And now I'm sick in bed..
Funny how a day starts off and how it ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment