Monday, March 1, 2010

Blogging Cook

"Being Lebanese is not a hindrance, but not and advantage...I have a great advantage of being born here and living here until I was 21. Being an Arab is a hindrance, not a MAJOR hindrance, but it's not something I play out" -Anissa Helou
Chef and Food Expert Anissa Helou came to speak to us about promoting through new media on thursday. Personally, I was more interested in the food. Food is an obsession of mine (as you can tell by my figure, sadly).
One point I definately agreed on? Presentation presentation presentaion. "Everything has to be well arranged...if it looks discusting, I don't want to eat it" TRUE THAT!
How many times have you looked at something and been like "ew..." Okra for example...the way it's cooked just..makes me kinda wanna puke :/ (if my mom read this she'd yell at me and tell me not to make fun of my food. She probably is reading this...hi mom...I'm sorry I don't like okra..)
So I've managed to stray completely off the topic..Anywas Ms Helou uses new media such as blogs, twitter and a website to basically promote. Kinda like a PR agent but no extra money being dished out. And she spends quite a lot of time doing it. I don't know how though, I mean I personally can't stand blogging (sorry to all those committed bloggers, once again, just letting you know I'm blogging because I HAVE to, not because I want to..) I admire her dedication to such a time consuming method of PR.
Anyways, I'm starting to get hungry...Ciao mis amores! I'm off to find something sweet to nible on!

No comments:

Post a Comment